Balanced Life Counseling
My helping mission and purpose is to allow truth to guide my mind toward a healthy, abundant life. This journey through faith, education, and experience is shared with others by keeping truth as the measure of a balanced life.
Pamela Wright McDonald
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Masters: Graduated December 2004 with GPA of 3.70 from Graduate Program of Social Work Tulane University (New Orleans Campus). Program was clinical/community approach to evidenced based practice for social work.
- Bachelors: Graduated August 2002 with GPA of 4.0 from Undergraduate Program at University of Southern Mississippi School of Social Work.
- Associates: Graduated May 1995 with GPA of 3.70 with Degree in Human Services from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
- High School: Graduated with Honors in 1979 from George County High School
- Worked with military service members and families in the US and abroad
- Worked with all age populations from pre-school to elderly in school, home, hospital, and nursing home settings
- Provided hours of pro bono consultation for relationship issues with a biblical foundation
- Helped locate additional resources in forms of reading, financial, and supportive services
- Used various evidenced based therapies to address individual needs and issues included but not limited to: Grief, Solution-Focused, Supportive and Cognitive Behavioral
- LCSW Clinical Supervision hours and field work from 5/2006 – 9/2008 for approval of LCSW license
- Registered Addiction Specialist (certified July 2013 through July 2015 by Breining Institute in Sacramento, CA) for specialized knowledge for Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling Skills
- Completed American Red Cross training (August 2010) to provide Community Disaster Mental Health Services
- Certified grief counselor with American Academy of Grief Counseling
- Currently receiving continuing education in areas of counseling practice, ethics, and diversity
- Credentialed by Mississippi State Board of Examiners as a Licensed Certified Social Worker Supervisor
- Certified Grief Counselor, GC-C, American Institute of Health Care Professionals
- Member of the National Association of Christians in Social Work (NACSW)